Japanese Language Program Semester Course
Rissho University Japanese-Language Program Semester Course[J] accepts short-term (within one year in principle) international students mainly from the partner universities/institutions abroad. This special program offers a course to study Japanese, Japanese Current Affairs and Japanese Culture. Students can also take some classes conducted in Japanese at each Faculty of Rissho University according to their Japanese language ability.
We hope the participants in this program will interact with not only the students and staff of Rissho University but the people of Japan and deepen their understanding of Japan to become active individuals in today's international society.
1.Qualifications for Applicants
(1) Exchange students who are recommended by the heads of their home universities/institutions, with which Rissho University has concluded an academic and educational exchange agreement, and are required to obtain credits at Rissho University as short-term international students
(2) Overseas students exceptionally admitted to Rissho University as short-term international students with the recommendation of the heads of their home universities/institutions, with which Rissho University does not have an academic and educational exchange agreement
2. Enrollment Limit
3. Course Duration
(1) Full Academic Year (Starting either in Spring Semester or Autumn Semester )
(2) Spring Semester (April 1 - September 19)
(3) Autumn Semester（September 20 - March 31)
4. Application Documents
(1) Application for RU Japanese Language Program [Form provided]
(2) Letter of School Career [Form provided]
(3) Health Certificate [Form provided]
(4) Letter of Confirmation [Form provided]
(5) Certificate of Enrollment (issued by home university/institution)
(6) Academic Transcript (issued by home university/institution)
(7) Letter of Recommendation (from the head of home university/institution)
(8) Photocopy of Passport
(9) 7 Photographs (from the waist upward) [3cm by 4cm]
* To apply for a certificate of eligibility, the following documents (to be submitted to the Immigration Bureau) are also required. If the applicant wants to ask Rissho University Center for International Exchange to apply for the certificate for him/her, he/she should send the following documents ((10) and (11)) to the Center in addition to the application documents stated above ((1)～(8)).
(10) Application for Certificate of Eligibility（with 1 photograph attached to the form)
(11) Photocopy of Acceptance Form
(1) Compulsory Subjects
Spring Semester: Japanese Current Affairs I, Japanese Current Affairs II, Japanese I, Japanese II, Japanese III, Japanese IV, Japanese V
Autumn Semester: Japanese Current Affairs III, Japanese Current Affairs IV, Japanese VI, Japanese VII, Japanese VIII, Japanese IX, Japanese X
(2) Optional Subjects
（Additional fee of JPY20,000/subject/ is required.)
Students taking the full year course of this program can, depending on their Japanese language ability, take classes at each Faculty of Rissho University during the Autumn semester with the permission of the Faculty.
After completion of the course, an academic transcript specifying each subject's name, grade and credits acquired will be issued.
7. Certificate of Completion
Students who have acquired 14 credits or more in a semester or 24 credits or more in an academic year will receive a Certificate of Completion.
8. Tuition Fee
(1)Spring Semester 2013: JPY130,000 Autumn Semester 2013: JPY130,000
* The fees are subject to change.
(2) Students taking the full year course of this program can, take regular classes at each Faculty of Rissho University during the Autumn semester, the fee is JPY20,000 per subject. A student recommended by his/her home university/institution with which Rissho University has a mutual tuition waiver arrangement is exempt from paying the tuition fees of the regular classes of the Autumn semester (up to 6 credits or 3 subjects ).
9. Travel Insurance
The students are required to purchase travel insurance before leaving their home countries to be prepared for injury or sickness during their stay in Japan. Students who have entered Japan without any insurance are required to carry the National Health Insurance of Japan.
10. Accomodation (Dormitory)
The dormitory on Kumagaya Campus is available to the students of this program. We will refer an apartment house to them if they prefer. The information on the dormitory is as below.
(1) Room Type single room with bathtub, shower and toilet and air conditioning
(2) Furniture/Fixtures desk, chair, bed, refrigerator, cabinet and shoe box
(3) Common Utility washing machines and drying machines
(4) Fee JPY180,500/per semester
The above fee includes the residence insurance and water fee. It does not include electricity,
bedding, room cleaning cost when leaving and anything else that the resident needs.
* The fee is subject to change
Fee need when moving into the dormitory
Bedding( pillow, pillow cover, bed sheets and blankets)
Room cleaning cost when leaving
JPY3,500 to JPY15,000
11. Deadline for Application
Spring Semester: January 7, 2013
Autumn Semester: June 14, 2013