2017 Rissho University Japanese-Language Program Semester Course [J]
Reception of this year's program has been closed. We will soon begin next year's program application.
Rissho University Japanese-Language Program Semester Course [J] accepts short-term (within one year in principle) international students mainly from partner universities/institutions abroad. This special program offers a course to study Japanese, Japanese Current Affairs and Japanese Culture in Japanese. Students can also take some classes conducted in Japanese at each Faculty of Rissho University according to their Japanese language abilities.
We hope the participants in this program will interact with not only the students and staff of Rissho University but the people of Japan and deepen their understanding of Japan to become active individuals in contemporary international society.
1. Qualifications for Applicants (*Eligible person who satisfies the following two conditions)
(1) a. Exchange students who are recommended by the heads of their home universities and so on, with which Rissho University has concluded an academic and educational exchange agreement, and are required to obtain credits at Rissho University as short-term international students.
b. Overseas students exceptionally admitted to Rissho University as short-term international students with recommendation of the heads of their home universities and so on, with which Rissho University has an academic and educational exchange agreement.
c. Overseas students exceptionally admitted to Rissho University as short-term international students with recommendation of the heads of their home universities and so on, with which Rissho University does not have an academic and educational exchange agreement.
(2) Students who have passed the N2 level of Japanese-Language Proficiency Test or have equivalent Japanese-language abilities.
2. Enrollment Limit
3. Course Duration
(1) Full Academic Year
Semesters : September 21, 2017 - September 20, 2018
(Term of Classes : late September, 2017 - late July, 2018)
(2)Autumn Semester 2017
Semesters : September 21, 2017 - March 31, 2018
(Term of Classes : late September, 2017 - late January, 2018)
4. Application Documents
(1) Application for RU Japanese Language Program [Form provided]
(2) Letter of School Career [Form provided]
(3) Health Certificate [Form provided]
(4) Letter of Confirmation [Form provided]
(5) Certificate of Enrollment ( issued by home university/institution )
(6) Academic Transcript ( issued by home university/institution )
(7) Letter of Recommendation ( from the head of home university/institution )
(8) Photocopy of Passport
(9) 7 Photographs ( from the waist upward ) [3cm by 4cm]
*(10) Application for Certificate of Eligibility [Sample]
*You can get the format here.
(1) Compulsory Subjects
Japanese Current Affairs I (22.5 hours), Japanese Current Affairs II (22.5 hours), Japanese I (45.0 hours) , Japanese II( 45.0 hours), Japanese III (45.0 hours) , Japanese IV (45.0 hours) , Japanese V (45.0 hours)
Japanese Current Affairs III (22.5 hours), Japanese Current Affairs IV (22.5 hours), Japanese VI
(45.0 hours), Japanese VII (45.0 hours), Japanese VIII (45.0 hours), Japanese IX (45.0 hours),
Japanese X (45.0 hours)
*The Japanese classes aim to pass the N1 and N2 level of the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) conducted by the Japan Educational Exchanges and Services.
(2) Optional Subjects (those who are interested)
( Additional fee of JPY20,000 per subject is required.)
Students taking the full year course of this program can, depending on their Japanese language abilities, take classes at each Faculty of Rissho University during the second semester with the permission of each Faculty.
Kumagaya Campus (Saitama prefecture, about 35 miles from Tokyo/ about 2 hours by train and bus)
After completion of the course, an academic transcript specifying each subject's name, grade and credits acquired will be issued.
7. Certificate of Completion
Students who have acquired 14 credits or more in a semester or 28 credits or more in an academic year will receive a Certificate of Completion.
8. Tuition Fee
(1) JPY130,000 / semester
(2) Payment deadline
Autumn Semester 2017： September 30, 2017
Spring Semester 2018：April 20, 2018
Students who take full academic year must pay the fee per semester.
(3) Optional subjects
Students taking the full year course of this program can, take regular classes at each Faculty of
Rissho University during the second semester, the fee is JPY20,000 per subject.
Students recommended by his/her home university/institution with which Rissho University has a
mutual tuition waiver arrangement is exempt from paying the tuition fees of the regular classes of
the Autumn semester ( up to 6 credits or 3 subjects ).
* The fees are subject to change.
Students are required to take out the National Health Insurance of Japan. Students who have the National Health Insurance of Japan basically pay 30% of the total medical fees payable when receiving treatment at clinics and hospitals. Before leaving their home countries, students can purchase travel insurance if needed.
10. Accommodation (Dormitory)
The dormitory on Kumagaya Campus is available to the students of this program.
The information of the dormitory is as below. We will also refer an apartment house to them if they prefer.
(1) Room Type
single room with bathtub, shower and toilet, air conditioning and mini-kitchen(No self-cooking)
desk, chair, bed, refrigerator, cabinet and shoe box
(3) Common Utility
washing machine, drying machine and microwave oven
cafeteria, study room, PC room and training gym (5) Fee
①Accommodation Fee： JPY 35,000 / semester
②Bedding Cleaning Fee when leaving： JPY 7,560
③Room Cleaning Fee when leaving： JPY 14,250
④Electricity： JPY 3,500~15,000 / month(Depending on the amount used)
* The above includes the residence insurance and water charge.
* ② and ③ are needed when moving into the dormitory.
* The fee is subject to change
(6) Payment deadline
Autumn Semester 2017： September 30, 2017
Spring Semester 2018： April 20, 2018
*Students who take full academic year must pay the fee per semester.
11. Deadline for Application
June 9, 2017
12. Contact information ( please send documents to this address )
Address:1700 Magechi, Kumagaya-shi, Saitama 360-0194, JAPAN
Center for International Exchange